Friday, May 11, 2007

TV Trays and Travel

Do you remember your family’s TV trays?

When I was a child I remember my mother letting my brothers and I set around the living room eating dinner while watching TV. This was one of many new events that changed our lifestyle during the 50’s.

My aunt and uncle had given us our TV trays as a gift. They were the aluminum kind which featured folding tops with a fascinating picture printed on top.

To this day I remember that picture very well. It has stuck its self deep within my memory almost fifty years later. It was one of those old vintage travel pictures from Cypress Gardens, Florida.

In the picture were tropical trees, plants, and flowers around a lake with people water skiing behind a boat stacked upon each others shoulders like a pyramid. I remember being so impressed with picture since I had never seen anything like this.

It was not until I was in my late teens that I was able to make my first trip to Florida to witness this picture in person. It was another world to me.

I remember seeing my first palm tree, picking an orange off a tree and the first time I saw the ocean. For a boy who grew up in the cornfields of Indiana I was so impressed with Florida.

After several trips to Florida I ended up moving here. I love it.

I had no idea how much the impression of that picture on the TV tray had made upon my mind until I finally got to see it here in Florida.

If you are like me I am sure there is something in your past that is calling you to go visit a place you have never been. Start planning now. Let your memories come full circle.

Book your trip through http://www.ytbtravel.com/magic2motivate

Your Internet Travel Agent,

Steve Hart

No comments: